The Super Bowl might already be over, but that doesn’t mean you have to stop munching out on your favorite foods! Try out this exclusive Organic Soul recipe for vegetarian bean dip – it combines freshly made salsa, hearty pinto beans, and a little extra zing for those who like it!
Like Organic Soul on Facebook
This healthy recipe is sure to please all your guests – vegetarian or not! It's simple, healthy, and delicious!
Ingredients (4 Servings)
- 1 cup cooked organic pinto beans
- 1 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 tsp gr. coriander
- 2 tsp gr. cumin
- ¼ tsp freshly ground, all natural sea salt (or to taste)
- Pinch of cayenne
- White or black pepper to taste
- 1 Tbsp minced organic cilantro
- 1 red pepper, 1 green pepper, 1 yellow pepper, all organic (for garnish/vege chips)
- 1 cup homemade salsa*
- Optional: 1 organic jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
Ingredients – Salsa
- Small handful (1 tablespoon) chopped organic red onion
- Small handful (1 tablespoon) chopped organic onion
- ¼ organic jalapeno pepper, seeded
- ¾ teaspoon cider vinegar
- ¾ teaspoon minced fresh organic cilantro
- ¼ clove organic garlic, peeled
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Pinch of pepper, cumin, and cayenne pepper
Simply add all your ingredients in a food processor, process until desired consistency (chunky is recommended), and cover. Let salsa sit in the fridge for about an hour for maximum flavor.
*Note: Quadruple the recipe if you’re looking for plenty of left overs!
- Rinse food processor (if desired) from salsa. Add pinto beans and blend until smooth. Add salsa (it’s suggested you eye ball it, depending on how much salsa you like in your bean dip), lime juice, cayenne, coriander, and pepper. Blend until reach desired consistency.
- Scoop into medium bowl, garnish with cilantro. Cut green, red, and yellow pepper to 2-3 bite sized length. Place bowl on plate, and surround bowl with baked chips, vegetable strips, and/or warmed flour tortillas. Go’s great with other Mexican dishes, and those who eat meat will love it in their tacos and burritos!