Oatmeal cookies are a delicious and excellent source of vitamin E, and fiber. These oatmeal cookies are slightly different than your usual cookie. They are made with honey-apple butter which gives a unique and delectable taste!
- 2 ½ cups organic quick-cooking rolled oats
- 1 cup organic whole wheat flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons organic unsalted butter, soften
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- ¾ cup firmly packed organic light brown sugar
- 1 large organic egg
- 1/3 cup organic honey apple butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup organic raisins
- ½ cup organic chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a small bowl, mix together the oats, flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt. In a large bowl, mix together the butter, canola oil, brown sugar, egg, honey apple butter, and vanilla until well mixed. Then mix in the raisins and chocolate chips.
- Using a spoon, make medium sized balls and place onto the baking sheet. (You can make the cookies whatever size you prefer).
- Bake the cookies for about 10-15 min until the cookies are cinnamon brown. Remove from the oven and carefully transfer the cookies to a wire rack. Let the cookies cool completely, they will crisp as they cool. Then enjoy these delicious yet addictive cookies