These cookies are a perfect nutritious, gluten free treat for the lunch box. They are low in sugar and high in protein and good fats. Be careful, every time we make them, they are gone by the end of the day.
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup raw honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup almond meal or almond flour
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- ¾ cup coconut, finely shredded (unsweetened)
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ cup dark chocolate chips
- ½ cup raisins
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream the coconut oil with the egg. Add honey and vanilla and mix until creamy.
- Combine the almond flour, coconut flour, coconut, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking soda and salt.
- Add to the dry ingredients and mix until combined.
- Fold in the dark chocolate chips and raisins.
- Roll into balls and place on a cookie sheet and flatten with hand into a round about ¼ inch thick.
- Bake for 10- 12 min. Makes about 18 cookies.