These delicious bars are loaded with nutrition and a good source of fiber! They can be individually wrapped in waxed paper for a convenient healthy snack!
Like Organic Soul on Facebook
Makes 2 dozen
- ½ cup organic unsalted butter
- 4 cups organic instant oats
- 1 cup unsweetened flaked coconut
- 1/3 cup organic brown sugar
- ¼ cup organic whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ chopped almonds
- ½ cup raisins
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- ½ cup sunflower seeds
- ½ cup almond meal
- 1 cup non-sorbate prunes
- ¾ cup honey
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Line a 9 by 13 baking pan with parchment paper, and butter parchment paper.
- In a large bowl mix together oats, coconut, brown sugar, flour, baking soda, cinnamon, almonds, raisins, chocolate chips, sunflower seeds, almond meal.
- Place prunes in a food processor and process until smooth. Add the butter and process until smooth. With the machine running, add the honey through the feed tube, processing until smooth.
- Add to oat mixture and thoroughly combine.
- Press into prepared pan. Bake 30 minutes. Cool and cut into bars. They can be wrapped in waxed paper and stored in an airtight container for about 2 weeks.