This is another one of my easy chicken dishes made in a 9 by 13 pan and allowed to bake for 1 ½ to 2 hours. The result is a very tender, flavorful chicken with an amazing tomato sauce flavored with cinnamon, oregano and lemon that is great served over orzo.
- 5 organic boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 ½ teaspoons oregano
- Juice of 2 organic lemons
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cups organic pasta sauce (25 ounce jar)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a medium sized bowl, combine the pasta sauce, cinnamon, oregano, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- In a sauté pan, brown the chopped onion in a tablespoon of oil. This step can be eliminated and you can add the onion raw to the sauce. Browning the onion adds a nice color and taste.
- In a 9 by 13 pan, place the chicken breasts, add the onions and pour the sauce over the chicken.
- Cover with foil and bake at 350 degrees for 1 ½ to 2 hours until the chicken is very tender.
- The sauce is so good, be sure to serve with orzo or another pasta to create a complete meal!