This is my Swedish mother’s recipe that is made with the wonderfully aromatic spices of cardamom, ginger, cloves and cinnamon.
Like Organic Soul on Facebook
Makes 6 cakes
- ½ cup organic butter
- 1 cup organic sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- ¾ teaspoon cloves
- 1 teaspoon cardamom
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/3 cup organic unbleached white flour
- 1 cup organic sour cream
- Cream the butter and sugar until fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well.
- Sift spices, salt, baking soda and flour.
- Add flour mixture to creamed mixture, alternating with sour cream until blended.
- Butter and flour 4 inch molds. Fill two thirds full and bake at 325 for about 20 min or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- These are delicious plain or dusted with powdered sugar. For an extra special touch, mix together powdered sugar with fresh lemon juice to desired consistency and spread on top.