This chutney is good served hot or cold with turkey, roast beef or pork. It’s great over brie or with cream cheese and crackers or on top of your morning oatmeal!
- 1/2 cup orange juice concentrate
- ½ cup cherry juice (apple juice also works well)
- ½ cup dried apricots, chopped
- 1- 12 oz bag organic fresh cranberries
- 1 tablespoon fresh grated ginger
- 1 ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon cardamom
- 1 teaspoon orange peel
- 3 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey (optional)
- In a medium saucepan bring the juices to a boil. Add the chopped dried apricots and let stand until the apricots are soft. Add the cranberries and spices and simmer until the cranberries pop and are cooked, about 10 minutes.
- Add the optional honey and vinegar and simmer another 5 or 10 minutes.