Like Organic Soul on Facebook
Did you know that a healthy breakfast can help you lose weight? After all, breakfast is the most important meal of the day, therefore it is recommended that you pay attention to what you want to eat when wake up in the morning. There are many ways to lose weight.
But if you want to do it in a “100 percent” natural way, you should try the advice and recipes below.
How To Decide What To Eat?
In this world, almost everything comes down to numbers. This is also true when it comes to deciding what you want to eat if you want to lose some weight. When it comes to dieting, you must always track the numbers of calories, carbs, fats, protein, fibers and sugar that go into your body.
If you manage to consume the amount of these as it is recommended below, you will get one big step closer to achieving your goal and lose weight.
- You should always aim for a range between 300 and 400 calories to consume for breakfast. If you are dieting and you want to lose weight, consume about 300 calories for breakfast. If you are exercising or you just want to maintain your weight, consume up to 400 calories.
- First, try to avoid sugary and processed food. Instead, consume fruits, vegetables, fish and whole grains. Make them your primary source of carbs and try to eat about 40 to 55 grams of carbohydrates for breakfast.
- This one could aid you greatly, not only to lose weight but to strengthen your body and improve your health too. You should consume no more than 20 grams of protein for breakfast if you want to lose your weight and improve your body. You can take a bit lesser amount if you are not into sports, exercising or physical activity in general. Eggs, soy milk, dairy products, nuts, berries and whole grains are great sources of protein.
- Be careful when you consume fats. Although these are a necessary part of your everyday diet, they could quickly turn counterproductive if you consume these in large amounts. You should aim for 10 to 15 grams of fats if you decide to diet. Avoid saturated fats and go for monounsaturated fats like olive oil, nuts, seeds, and avocado.
- You should go for at least 25 grams of these a day. Be sure to take at least half of this amount for breakfast. Don’t exaggerate in your “dosage” though, because it could prove harmful for your digestive system. Be sure to consume foods such as pears, apples, greens, vegetables and whole grains because these are a nice source of fibers.
- If you stick to all the foods already mentioned, then you need not worry about getting too much sugar. Still, you should not consume more than 35 grams of natural sugar a day. When it comes to sugar that is found in sweets, cakes or soda, be sure not to take more than 6 grams a day.
Breakfast Recipes To Help You Lose Weight
For some people, these recipes will increase your protein levels. For others, it will feed your body with the reasonable amount of fat. All in all, if you want to lose weight, stay fit and healthy, then you should most definitely try some of the foods listed below.
1.Tomato, Artichoke And Feta Frittata
You should whisk together egg and egg white. Cook together artichoke, tomato, and shallot for 2 minutes. Be sure to do it in medium heat. After 2 minutes, reduce the heat to low and add eggs. Cover and cook all of these together for 3 minutes. When the eggs are firm add feta on top and then serve it with toast.
- 1 egg
- 1 egg white
- Cooking spray
- ¼ cup chopped tomato
- ½ cup canned artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 1 tsp chopped shallot
- 3 tsp crumpled feta cheese
- 1 slice whole-grain bread, toasted
2. Pistachio Rice Pudding
Start the process of preparation by cooking rice in milk. Mix in with pistachios and then top with sugar and cinnamon.
- ½ cup uncooked instant brown rice
- ¾ cup nonfat milk
- 15 pistachios
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- ½ tsp cinnamon
3. Yogurt And Grapefruit Parfait
Mix together wheat germ and ground flax seeds. Use all of this as your base. Alternate layers of grapefruit and yogurt. At the end top with honey and wheat germ.
- 8 oz Fage Total 0% yogurt
- 1 Tbsp wheat germ
- ½ tsp honey
- 1 tsp ground flaxseed
- 1 medium grapefruit
4. Pancakes With Almond Butter And Berries
This recipe is pretty simple. Just heat the pancakes in toaster or toaster oven and then top with almond butter and berries.
- 2 whole-wheat pancakes
- 1 Tbsp almond butter
- ¼ cup each blackberries, raspberries and blueberries
5. Cherry Bomb
Just blend everything and enjoy your meal.
- ¾ cup frozen cherries
- 1 kiwi, peeled and quartered
- ¼ cup orange juice
- ½ cup coconut water
- ¾ tsp agave nectar
- 3 ice cubes
- 1 scoop protein powder (this is optional)
6. French Toast With Strawberries
Whisk together egg and milk. Then, dip bread into mixture. Cook in nonstick pan until slightly browned and then top with berries and sugar.
- 1 egg
- 2 Tbsp nonfat milk
- 2 slices whole-wheat bread
- 13 strawberries, sliced
- ½ tsp powdered sugar
7. Chocolate Cherry Waffles
Just spread chocolate almond butter on waffles and then top with cherries.
- 1 Tbsp chocolate almond butter
- 2 Van’s 8 Whole Grains waffles
- 1 cup pitted fresh cherries