Beets come loaded with many health benefits, a few health benefits are; beets help lower bad cholesterol, they are anti-inflammatory because they contain betaine which helps with inflammation in your joints, bones and throat by 20 percent. They also contain antioxidants and are high in folate, a type of B vitamin. This Beet and Potato salad has tart, spicy, sweet, warm flavors that are perfect for a cold fall day. Enjoy this healthy tasty salad with a smile on your face; your stomach will be thanking you!
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons organic olive oil
- 1 teaspoon organic raw agave
- ¼ teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon dill
- ½ teaspoon ginger powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound organic red-skinned potatoes
- 1 pound organic beets (yellow or red)
- Cook the potatoes (whole) and beets (peeled and cut into ½ inch cubes) in separate large saucepans of boiling water just until tender, about 25 minutes for potatoes and 35 minutes for beets. When done drain, then peel the potatoes and cut into ½ inch cubes.
- Combine the lemon juice, oil, agave, chili powder, dill, ginger, salt, and pepper in a jar with a lid and shake until completely mixed.
- Next toss the beets and potatoes with the dressing in a dish just until coated. Serve it warm or for more of an added meal put on top of quinoa.