This is a delicious way to incorporate broccoli into your diet. Broccoli is rich in vitamin A, calcium, vitamin C, folic acid and a good source of soluble and insoluble fiber. It also belongs to the family of cruciferous vegetables which have been linked to lower rates of cancer!
Like Organic Soul on Facebook
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 ¼ cup vegetable stock
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 stalks of broccoli chop stalks into small chunks and cut heads into small florets
- 1 red pepper cut into chunks
- ½ cup chopped mushrooms
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- ½ cup toasted pine nuts
- ½ cup almond meal
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary finely chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup Parmesan Cheese or non-dairy alternative
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and lightly oil a 2 quart casserole dish or loaf pan.
- In a large skillet, sauté’ the onion for 5 minutes in olive oil. Add the stock, garlic and chopped broccoli stalks (reserve the florets). Sauté’ until the broccoli stocks turn bright green. Remove the pan from heat and add broccoli florets, red pepper, mushrooms, cooked rice, pine nuts, almond meal and parmesan cheese. Poor into prepared pan. Bake for 25 minutes
- Sometimes I make this substituting a ½ cup white wine for part of the vegetable stock.