This is a flavorful soup that is warm, fresh and crispy! You can omit the chicken and add more beans to make it vegan, it is also gluten free. This recipe is pretty mild, if you desire you can spice it up by adding more chili powder and cumin.
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups finely diced cooked organic free-range chicken
- 1 (29 ounce) can organic diced tomatoes
- 1 (15 ounce) can organic black beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can organic corn
- 4 cups organic chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 bay leaf
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- organic corn tortilla chips
- 1 avocado, diced
- ½ cup shredded cheese
- In a large pot, sauté’ onion and garlic for 3 to 4 minutes, then add chicken, tomatoes, beans, corn, chicken broth, cumin, chili powder, bay leaf, salt , and lime juice.
- Simmer for 10-20 minutes, until heated through.
- Stir in fresh cilantro.
- Ladle into bowls, add tortilla chips, and top with cheese and avocado!