Fill your picnic basket with these delicious and easy to make organic egg salad sandwiches that the whole family will love. Try them with whole wheat or rye bread, and mix it up by topping them with your favorite organic veggies!
- 12 large organic eggs
- 2 tablespoons organic mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon organic whole-grain mustard
- 2 stalks organic celery, washed and chopped
- 1 small organic dill pickle, washed and chopped
- ¼ organic red onion, washed and chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice (fresh squeezed!)
- 1 dollop of organic sweet pickle relish
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Put eggs in a large saucepan and fill with cold water to about an inch above the eggs. Cover with tight fitting lid.
- Bring water to a rapid boil and let cook for one minute. Leave covered and remove from heat. Let sit for 8 minutes.
- Next, place the eggs inside a large bowl with ice water and let sit for 3 minutes. Once cooled, peel the eggs into a separate large bowl.
- In the large bowl, add the mayonnaise, mustard, salt, pepper, garlic powder, lemon juice and relish. Blend all ingredients together with a spoon.
- Add onion, celery and pickle. Once everything is well-mixed, put on whole wheat bread with organic lettuce and organic tomatoes to complete the sandwich.
This recipe was contributed by Jake Webster, chef and food aficionado.