Breakfast is my favorite meal of the day, and I feel it is the most important meal to get your day started right. It is essential to provide your body with the necessary nutrients to get you energized and motivated for everything that comes your way. Here is a simple and fun, gluten-free organic granola recipe you can enjoy as a breakfast cereal or as a healthy snack during your lunch time break.
- 3 cups old fashioned, organic, and gluten- free oats
- 1 cup of raw, soaked organic almonds, coarsely chopped *Note: Soaking requires 8-12 hours prep!
- ½ cup of shredded organic coconut
- 3 tablespoons of packed organic brown sugar (or, much less! You can do this to taste or to preference)
- 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon of raw organic cocoa
- ½ teaspoon of ginger
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup raw organic honey
- 2 tablespoons of organic coconut oil
- 1 cup organic raisins (or dried organic blueberries!)
- Preheat oven to 300°F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine oats, almonds, coconut, brown sugar, cinnamon, raw cocoa, ginger and salt in a large bowl.
- Stir together honey and oil in a small pan over low heat until combined. Pour honey and oil mixture into the large bowl with oat mixture and stir well.
- Spread granola mixture into an even layer onto lined baking sheet. Bake granola mixture for about 40 minutes. Be sure to check every 10 minutes to stir and rotate pan. When granola turns golden brown, remove from over and let cool.
- Pour granola back into large bowl and stir in raisins until combined.
- Now your organic gluten-free granola is ready to be eaten as a healthy breakfast or delicious afternoon snack!
This recipe was contributed by Jake Webster, chef and food aficionado.