Just in time for Valentine’s Day, these chocolate cupcakes are purely decadent and sure to put a smile on your special someone’s face. You would never know that these cupcakes are gluten free and vegan. The cupcakes are moist, soft, and oh so good! Add that with the raspberry vegan frosting and you have an irresistible cupcake. Make your Valentine’s Day extra sweet. Enjoy!
Ingredients for Cupcakes:
- 1 ¾ cups Organic Gluten Free Baking blend
- ¾ cup organic sugar
- 1/3 cup organic unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¾ teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1 cup hot water
- 1/3 cup organic canola oil
- 1 tablespoon organic cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon original Earth Balance
- 1 cup organic powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 to 4 frozen organic raspberries
- 1 teaspoon organic unsweetened almond milk
Directions for Cupcakes:
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. In a mixing bowl, mix together the baking blend, sugar, cocoa powder, and xanthan gum. Add the hot water, canola oil, vinegar, and vanilla extract. Beat on low until thoroughly blended. Spoon the mixture with an ice cream scoop evenly into a muffin tin. Let the batter stand 10 minutes.
- Bake 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a cupcake comes out clean. Cool the cupcakes completely before frosting.
Directions for Frosting:
- Blend all ingredients except raspberries in an electric mixture until blended. Then add the raspberries and blend until the color turns a light pink and the raspberries are blended in.
- Spoon into a plastic bag and refrigerate for an hour.
- After frosting has refrigerated, cut the corner of the bag. Then squeeze out frosting in a spiral motion around the tops of the cupcakes. Top with a raspberry and enjoy!
- Make sure the gluten free flour is a baking blend. The baking blend adds baking soda and salt so there is no need to add it in the cupcakes.
- To make a perfectly round cup cake use an ice-cream scoop.
- Keep cupcakes refrigerated.
- Frosting makes about 1 cup