These are my absolute favorite muffins! I love the combination of pumpkin, spices and chocolate! The bright orange pumpkin is one of the most nutritional foods of the season! It is rich in antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals, the seeds and flesh of the pumpkin provide numerous health boosting nutrients.
- 1 egg
- 2/3 cup organic brown sugar (you can reduce the sugar to ½ cup for a less sweet muffin)
- 1/3 cup canola oil or extra light olive oil
- ¾ cup organic almond milk
- ¾ cup organic canned pumpkin
- 1 cup organic white flour
- 1 cup organic whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon ginger
- 2/3 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large bowl combine the egg, brown sugar, oil, milk and pumpkin. Mix well.
- In a smaller bowl combine the remaining dry ingredients. You can use all whole wheat flour, instead of 1 cup white and 1 cup wheat, if you desire a “heartier” muffin.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir until just combined. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin tins and bake for about 20 minutes.