Zucchini bread has always been a favorite in our home. It seems to disappear right before our eyes. This bread is delicious, healthy, flavorful, moist, and not too sweet. Try it with all sorts of combinations, you can eat it plain, or for an even yummier treat melt your favorite cheese on top.
- 2 ½ cups organic white whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 organic large eggs, at room temperature
- 1/3 cup organic vegetable oil
- ½ cup organic raw honey
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 2 cups grated organic zucchini (leave the skin on)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Next mix the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon in a medium size bowl.
- In a separate large bowl, beat the eggs well, then beat in the oil, honey, lemon juice, lemon zest, and vanilla. Stir in the zucchini. Gradually stir the dry ingredients into the liquid, just until combined.
- Grease 3 small loaf pans (or 1 large) then scrape the batter into the prepared pan(s). Bake for 30 to 40 minutes or until a tooth pick comes out clean from the center.
- Cool the pan on a rack for 5 minutes then run a spatula around the sides before turning the bread out. Cool the bread on a rack; make sure you wrap it tightly in plastic wrap and foil to keep it from drying out.