This couscous makes a great side dish and is so easy to prepare! It has the delicious additions of radishes, raisins, almonds, mint and parsley tossed together with a simple fresh lemon and olive oil dressing.
- 1 cup whole wheat couscous
- 1 cup water
- 2 Tablespoons oil or butter
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup chopped organic radishes
- ¼ cup finely chopped green onion
- 1/3 cup minced fresh Italian parsley
- 1/3 chopped fresh mint
- ½ cup organic raisins
- 1/3 cup raw, blanched slivered almonds, roughly chopped
- 2 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a saucepan combine 1 cup water, 2 tablespoons oil or butter and ½ teaspoon salt. Bring to a boil. Remove from heat and pour in 1 cup couscous and stir until combined. Cover and let stand for 5 minutes. Cool.
- In a large bowl, combine cooled couscous, radishes, onion, parsley, mint, raisins and almonds.
- In a small bowl, combine fresh lemon juice, olive oil, salt and pepper to taste and pour over couscous mixture. Stir and chill.