This recipe is one of delicious contradictions—sweet yet salty, vegetarian yet hearty, cooked yet super fresh, impressive yet simple. An unusual combination of soybeans (edamame) and chickpeas make for a delightfully light and crunchy roasted veggie salad. Topped off with savory feta cheese, this salad quickly becomes a plant-based entrée.
If you’re a sucker for contradictions in your meals, you’re going to really dig this one.
Makes 4 small servings.
- 1 (15-ounce) can chickpeas, drained
- 1 cup cooked, shelled edamame beans
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh mint
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In a large bowl, combine chickpeas, edamame, oil, and salt; toss well to coat. Arrange mixture evenly on a large baking sheet. Roast until beans are golden and a get a bit of crunch, about 30 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes.
- Remove mixture from oven; toss with mint, cranberries, and lemon juice in a large bowl. Spoon into bowls and top with cheese.