It’s strawberry season! What should you do with the abundance of strawberries? Make strawberry salsa! This fresh salsa is made with strawberries, tomatoes, cucumbers and onions as the base and then is seasoned with mint, jalapeno and balsamic vinegar. It is delicious with chips, as a bruschetta, on top of fish, or mix with shrimp for an opened faced sandwich!
- 1 cup organic strawberries, chopped
- ½ cup organic tomatoes, chopped
- ½ cup cucumber
- 1 half of a jalapeno pepper, finely chopped
- ½ cup onion, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons mint, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a medium sized bowl, combine the strawberries, tomatoes, cucumber, jalapeno and onion.
- In a small bowl combine the balsamic vinegar, lime juice, olive oil, mint, salt and pepper. Stir well to combine.
- Pour over strawberry mixture, stir to distribute flavors! Enjoy!