This bread is vegan and gluten free. It has amazing flavors, from the sweetness of the bananas and carrots to the refreshing taste of lemon and an added crunch from the almonds. Moist and delicious, this bread sure is a win in our home.
- ½ cup organic raw honey
- 3 tablespoons organic olive oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup mashed organic ripe bananas
- 1 cup grated organic carrots
- ¼ cups freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 2 cups Organic gluten free all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoons xanthan gum
- ½ cup chopped organic dried apricots
- ½ cup organic chopped raw almonds
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease 3, 3” X 6” loaf pans
- Using a fork beat the honey, oil, vanilla, and salt. Add the bananas, carrot, lemon juice, and lemon zest. Mix the flour, baking powder, and baking soda into the banana mixture. Then fold in the nuts and apricots.
- Spoon into the loaf pans and bake for about 20-25 min, or until tooth pick comes out clean. Let it cool for about 5 min before removing from pan.