These breakfast muffins contain four eggs! Usually muffins only have one egg, so these really add the extra protein! With the addition of strawberries, whole grains and pecans this is a healthy, wholesome muffin to start your day. These breakfast muffins are quick and easy, it takes about 10 minutes to make the mixture, 10 minutes for it to rest and 15 minutes to bake, all done in about 35 minutes. They sure are addicting and healthy!
Makes 16 medium muffins
- 4 organic eggs
- ½ cup organic brown sugar
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- ¾ cup organic apple juice
- 1 Tbsp orange peel
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1½ cup organic whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 cup organic oat flour
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup organic pecans chopped
- 1½ cup organic strawberries chopped
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Combine wet ingredients in a small bowl.
- Combine dry ingredients except pecans and strawberries in a large bowl. Mix the wet ingredients into the dry then gently fold in the pecans and strawberries. Try not to over mix the muffins.
- Let the mixture rest for about 10 min before spooning into prepared pan.
- Fill the greased pan with the muffin mixture and bake for 15 min. ( these brown quickly so watch carefully)
- Remove from pan and cool, then enjoy!