This is a unique way to use the beautiful watermelon that’s in season right now. This recipe combines watermelon with brown rice that is tossed with a blend of orange juice, fresh ginger, Braggs Liquid Amino and garnished with fresh herbs. You can make it a complete meal by adding nuts, legumes, grilled chicken, shrimp or salmon.
- ½ rice vinegar
- ½ cup fresh squeezed orange juice
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Braggs Liquid Amino
- 1 tablespoon fresh grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon mint, chopped
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, chopped
- 4 cups cooked brown rice
- 1 cup chopped green onion
- 5 cups diced seedless watermelon
- Organic greens
- Pepper to taste
- To make the dressing, whisk together the vinegar, orange juice, olive oil, Braggs and ginger.
- In a large bowl, combine rice, green onion, mint, parsley, cilantro, pepper and watermelon. Add about 2/3 cup of the dressing, you will have dressing left over. Stir gently to combine.
- Serve over a bed of organic greens and add more dressing if desired.