This recipe is a great way to use abundant organic zucchini squash! Whether you're on a gluten-free diet or simply looking for a flavorful, hearty meal this entree is sure to please.
Like Organic Soul on Facebook
Serves 6-8 people
6 to 8 organic zucchini, sliced 1/2 inch thick
4 cups thick organic marinara
1 lb. ricotta cheese
2 large Portabella mushrooms, sliced
1 large onion, sliced
2 Tablespoons fresh Basil, chopped
2 Tablespoons fresh Italian Parsley, chopped
2 Tablespoons fresh Oregano, chopped
¼ cup almond meal
1 lb. grated mozzarella
½ cup Pine Nuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a 9×13 pan, spread 2 cups of the marinara.
- Top with a layer of zucchini, sliced onions, mushrooms, fresh herbs, salt/pepper and 2 tablespoons almond meal.
- Top with half of the ricotta cheese and sprinkle with half the mozzarella.
- Repeat the process and sprinkle with pine nuts.
- Cover with foil and bake 45 minutes. Remove foil and bake 15 more minutes.
- Let stand for 15 minutes.