This main dish is a healthy and creative way to use Eggplant!
Like Organic Soul on Facebook
Eggplant “boats” are created by cutting the eggplants in half and then filling with organic vegetables, aromatic fresh herbs and organic grass-fed ground beef.
- 1 large eggplant
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup mushrooms, chopped
- 1 cup spinach, chopped
- 2 cloves, chopped
- 1 Tablespoon fresh basil, chopped
- 1 Tablespoon fresh oregano, chopped
- 2 Tablespoons parsley, chopped
- Salt/ pepper
- 1 pound free-range grass-fed organic ground beef
- ¼ cup tomato paste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut eggplant in half lengthwise. Remove pulp leaving ½ inch of the outer shell. Dice the pulp.
- Sauté the onions, garlic and meat until almost done, add the mushrooms, diced eggplant pulp, spinach, fresh herbs, salt and pepper and continue to sauté an additional 2 minutes. Stir in tomato paste and remove from stove.
- Brush the inside of the eggplant shell with olive oil
- Spoon mixture into eggplant shell and drizzle olive oil on top. Cover and bake for 45 minutes.
Like What You've Read?