This is my Swedish mother’s recipe that is made with the wonderfully aromatic spices of cardamom, ginger, cloves and cinnamon.
Like Organic Soul on Facebook
Makes 6 cakes
- ½ cup organic butter
- 1 cup organic sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- ¾ teaspoon cloves
- 1 teaspoon cardamom
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/3 cup organic unbleached white flour
- 1 cup organic sour cream
- Cream the butter and sugar until fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well.
- Sift spices, salt, baking soda and flour.
- Add flour mixture to creamed mixture, alternating with sour cream until blended.
- Butter and flour 4 inch molds. Fill two thirds full and bake at 325 for about 20 min or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- These are delicious plain or dusted with powdered sugar. For an extra special touch, mix together powdered sugar with fresh lemon juice to desired consistency and spread on top.
Like What You've Read?